Saturday, July 28, 2012

Arteastiq & my DIY art

Here are some photos from a visit to Arteastiq, a tea lounge and art jam hosting venue at Mandarin Gallery, Orchard Road. I was there last December with a group of colleagues.

It's a pretty place, with a good view of leafy trees.





But that day, I was there not for tea but to make my own piece of art.

Starting with a blank canvas...


I selected paint colors...


And created my own piece of art that now sits on my bedside table.
Well, it's no Van Gogh, but I'd like to think it's a cross between some of my favorite artists/periods: Mark Rothko and the Impressionists (Paul Signac)




Oh and the funny thing is, it's easier than it looks to do what other bloggers have done:
Specifically, Elise's finger painting or big script art.
I also referenced Oh Happy Day's abstract art or potato prints.

It was kind of fun for a day out.


No comments: