Sunday, July 24, 2011

Boys will be boys

The young scamps in my Sunday School class are a handful, which makes for an exhilarating ride trying to keep ahead of them. They are rather adorable and infuriating all at the same time, well, just kids.

I like to throw in activities for them to do, to have them work on a little project or make something. And surprise surprise, that means art & craft some times. So the other day I threw together some materials into my special box for them to make cards. Oh yes, I have a special box, flown all the way back from Sweden. One day it holds toys, another day it holds paper and markers and vintage stickers. 'Vintage' by virtue of my being a super good hoarder, back from the days of going woolly over little sheep stickers at Tecman's.

So one recent Sunday, I got my class to make cards for other people - y'know, to demonstrate showing the love of Christ to each other.  The girls made pretty cards with pastel colours and sweet stickers and neatly written words. Girls just get the concept of craft, know what I mean?

The boys, now - made this card. I never would have thought to remind someone to 'take care... of your money' with my pretty stickers! They crack me up. Anyway, I figured it takes them to speak in their own language to their own kind :)


No comments: