Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday, hooray (new obsessions!)

Hello! It has been such a long week and a hard one at that, but "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" and so I made it to the weekend. Oh blissful weekend with my work notebook far far away from me.

Before I get too lazy to post any of these, here's what I've been up to. My newest obsessions! Well not really obsession but they have been good side interests to get my mind off work.

Washi Tape! Woo hoo. I finally gave in and bought a roll. Coming soon: What I Did With The Tape That Chelle Gave Me.

Here's another shot, just cos they are soooo pretty.

The guitar stand from my very sweet uncle & aunt. They came over one day out of the blue with the gift. So sweet!

My uncle's classical guitar which I started out with.

And finally, here's the first guitar I've ever bought, a Walden.

So as you can see, I've picked up playing the guitar. I borrowed my uncle's old classical guitar and practised the 3 chords that Wen taught me, which were enough to play 1 song (Heart of worship by Matt Redman). Just being able to (clumsily) play something intelligible was enough to spur me on. My fingers and joints really hurt at the start but I'm glad I've kept going. I have been playing a little bit for almost every day for around 6 weeks now, at all hours. My favourite times are in the early mornings and late nights when things are quieter and the sound of the guitar strings comes out clearer. My reason for wanting to play the guitar: just to be able to play simple tunes to myself.

Have a great weekend and remember to vote! :)

Manda

No comments: