Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day, 2011

















Photo: My aunty Lil's lovingly-baked chicken pie!

Thinking about the year ahead and my hopes, dreams and prayers both for myself and those reading this, I find that the Bible in Hebrews 12:2 puts it really neatly:

"...let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of God".

So many things can pull us down, distract us, fill our lives with such busy-ness and needless worry. As the old song goes: And the things of earth will grow strangely dim - in the light of Your glory and grace.

I want to live this year simply, gratefully, purposefully, with God...
  • Treasuring family and friends.
  • Living simply, thankfully, healthily, joyfully.
  • Living as a good steward of what God has given me.
  • Living in God's wisdom, by His word, with His presence so strong in my life.
  • Being a blessing to others, especially to those in need.
Have a blessed 2011.

Manda

No comments: