Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mini poster for a friend

So the story behind this is this:

This was for a friend who was very stressed. So I decided to focus my crafting activity for the week on making her a card.

I used a card from paper source ('Do something creative every day' is their motto), and started stamping. As I've mentioned, I've been doing craft stuff with my colleague who is also into it, and what a nice lunch time activity it makes! We're trying to get together once a week.

Open the pretty card and ta-da! A mini poster. I'm utilising my love, elsie stamps, still getting the hang of them but they work pretty well and the little ladybug stamp is a favourite. I was trying to keep the colour scheme pretty spare but anyway the letters can be coloured in and customised by the recipient, which I think is cool.

The Bible verse behind the text is from 1 Peter chapter 5 verse 7.
"...casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."
Incidentally, is that a play on words?

A long time ago, when I was still in school, Calvin gave me a little decorative thing with that verse on it. I still have it on my desk. It reminds me of what it felt like to be a student and have piles of work to do. I am so glad those days are over and I thank God for bringing me through all those times!

No comments: